Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Beach Sexy Pressed Mineral Bronzing Powder

What a name right? I don’t think the title of this post could be more zealously branded. On to the topic at hand though…BRONZER.

I love bronzer. I’m not inclined to tan, what with the threat of skin cancer, wrinkles, freckles and sunspots. These factors, coupled with my love of makeup and beauty, have made me a little bit of a bronzer snob.

I picked up this bronzer at Victoria’s Secret not because I needed it, but because I couldn’t resist. It’s only May, but the summery rose gold compact with zebra print powder was speaking to me... “Put me on!’ it said. “Drink mojitos!” it said. I purchased the lightest shade, F15 – Sunstruck and brought it home for $16.00.

Upon getting home, I googled mojito recipes. Then I went to try my bronzer. I promptly dropped the compact and it withstood the impact no problem. We were off to a good start. The case is attractive, but weirdly has no button to open it easily – cost savings perhaps? The powder is really finely milled, and has a definite sparkle to it, but not too much. You could wear this to work easily, it is a grown-up bronzer, more glow and less glitter.

I noticed when hitting brush to pan is that this powder is very tightly compacted – which I consider to be a good thing. It doesn’t get dusty (waste of product) or crumble and fall apart. Even aggressive swirling with the brush left the adorable zebra print intact. I know that this won’t last forever, but it was nice to see that this compact is going to last me a while. The pigment is true to the pretty color in the pan, and it blended easily all over my face. At this point, it is 4:00 p.m. and this bronzer has been going strong with no smudging or streaking since 8:00 a.m.

Previously, my favorite bronzer was an Orlane product – expensive and not worn on an everyday basis. Now, it is definitely this Victoria’s Secret bronzer. If you are looking to try something new – make it this. At $16.00, it’s a total steal.

No comments: